First use of trial license, installed on 15 Feb 2019.
Note: no *smarteditlog file was found.
- I had previously imported and saved a project of a 20-chapter 167,000 word novel.
- I installed the SmartEdit trial from within AS as per instructions.
- I selected Document and Run all checks.
Note: I left the default settings unchanged (which is to say, the checkboxes for Use exclusion lists were ticked for all categories). I did not make any changes to any of the exclusion lists.
Possible Bug #1: The results shown had detail for only the first category - Repeated words results. Everything else was blank.
Possible Bug #2: The Repeated Words Analysis listed the as its top word, even though “the” is on the exclusion list (which, per the default settings, should have applied.)
- I then ran (re-ran, from the button next to the drop-down) the Dialogue Tag test.
- Upon this re-run, results were displayed.
I hope this is useful; please let me know if you need me to retest or take screen shots.