Atomic Scribbler Home · SmartEdit Home · Help

Split SCreen/Viewing 2 Scenes

Is there a way to open two scenes side by side?

I haven’t been able to figure out a method. What are you trying to do? Maybe there is a suitable workaround.

I am actually using it in this instance for non-fiction. I have notes from several books (a scene for each) and I want to open a blank scene to copy individual entries into to put in them in the order I’ll use them. AN outline of sorts, that I can have open as I’m reviewing the other scenes. Is it possible to open a second instance of AS perhaps?

On another front, I just finished a short story bin AS and it worked perfectly. The layout is exactly the workflow I always used in another program that was discontinued several years ago and I"ve given up because it’s not super stable on Win 10. Thanks Darren!

The answer is no I’m afraid. It was a choice between a split view and a tab view and I went with the tabbed view. You also can’t open the same project twice at the same time – too much opportunity to mess up the underlying data by saving different data in both instances.

Well done on the short stories – I’m glad it’s working so well for you there!

Can I open a new blank instance of AS while the other is open?

You can open another project. If you want a blank project just create a new project.