SmartEdit Writer · SmartEdit for Word · Help

SmartEdit Forums

[Request] Export a folder as a single document

Good day,

If it’s ok, I’d like to make a feature request. The way it works now in SmartEdit Writer is that there’s a single “Export” button that automatically merges and exports the entire project (excluding notes etc). However, it would be great if you could add a feature of partial export (for example, by right-clicking a specific folder and choosing “merge and export” option from the dropdown to export only this specific folder - that’s how I personally imagine it).

The reason why it’s crucial for me personally is because I always keep several novels in the same project (in separate folders). So far, I’ve been a PageFour user for ~7 years (thanks for creating such a great app, btw) and that’s how I’ve been doing it. I always write several novels simultaneously, and having them in the same project is the only way that works for me: reopening different projects back’n’forth is not an option given that I can switch between chapters from different novels several times a minute, and having many instances of the app running at the same time is cluttering (I usually keep PageFour running at all times so that I can quickly make notes).

Plus I imagine it could be useful for other people (to export parts of a book, for example).

Would be much appreciated if you could implement this feature.

1 Like

Expanding out the export abilities has been on the plan for some time, so it’s good to hear about your own use case. It hasn’t reached the top of the list so far as so few users bring it up, but it’s not forgotten.

1 Like

Thanks, Darren. Happy to know that it’s on the plan :slight_smile:

My hand goes up for this too :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: !
I, also, would benefit from this feature.
I’m so glad it’s on the list!
Thanks! :grinning: