SmartEdit Writer · SmartEdit for Word · Help

SmartEdit Forums

PROBLEM: Scene closes when I need to use a question mark

Hello! First time here!

Tried to find someone with a similar problem, but haven’t been able to find it. Hope I can fix this easily because it’s the only thing keeping me from using the software daily.

I own an Avell computer with a Brazilian keyboard (some keys are in different places with the addition of the ç key, etc). Because of this, they had to move the question mark to be under the W key. So whenever I have to use the symbol, I press Alt GR + W.

However, in SmartEdit, when I press this, it closes the scene I’m working on. I checked the documents for the software and it says the shortcut for closing a scene is CTRL + W, which is probably why it does that. For now, I’m copying and pasting a ? from other software, but this goes against what my brain is used to and I keep pressing Alt Gr+W on accident and it gets pretty annoying.

I would like to know if there is any way I can fix this easily or if this could be in a further update? I really enjoy the program and would like to use it more!

Thank you so much!

This is a bug. While Ctrl + W works as a shortcut to close the active page, it shouldn’t work if the Alt key is pressed as well. I’ll put a fix for this in in the next release.

1 Like