Hello! I want to put a quick disclaimer: the program is lovely to use, except for this issue. I’m an otherwise happy user.
I’ve noticed a strange lag/delay when inputting keys, especially noticeable when typing at faster speeds. It’s not smooth at all in comparison to any other program, and I can’t figure out what is causing the issue.
I’m considering that the program might struggle to run smoothly on my computer specifically, because scrolling down also has a small amount of lag. However, careful monitoring of the task manager shows that the computer isn’t struggling to run it (and has plenty spare resources), so I have no idea what could cause that problem.
I haven’t been able to find a lot of information about the issue, except for a thread from last year in this forum. Here are a few things from the other thread that I already tested or looked out for:
- Turning off live spell-check - no difference.
- Resolution - I’m not using 4K resolution.
- CPU usage - the program isn’t bottlenecked in terms of CPU, to run the program or overall.
- Version - this problem occurs in version 7.9, but it has been present (in my case) since installation, a few versions ago. Upgrading and reinstalling did not curb the problem, though it is possible the reinstallation wasn’t 100% clean.
- Restarting did not help.
Here are a few other points of interest:
- My computer is not underpowered to run the program.
- The problem persists even with new projects, so it isn’t because the projects I manage are too big.
- I don’t experience delays with typing anywhere else.
I recorded a soundless video comparison between SmartEdit Writer and a different word editor to show the difference between the two: https://youtu.be/aS7_X67ivsM
Is there something I/we could possibly do to figure this out? Thanks in advance!