Atomic Scribbler Home · SmartEdit Home · Help

Atomic Scribbler & SmartEdit Forums

Increase number of history states?

Hi, I like the program a lot, but I found some problems with it and I was wondering if anyone could help?

• Is there a way to have more than 15 or so undo states? I’d like to be able to track back and forth in my history in case I overtype. Ideally, I’d like to set it to the maximum number as I have lost work accidentally in the past due to overtyping or select/delete errors and not realizing.
  • When I copy text to and from the fragments and notes files, it maintains the 18 point font I use for writing - but my screen is small so the fragments and notes bars are very narrow! Is there a way to make the font size in fragments the size that text is displayed at, so I can just copy things back and forth and not have to screw with it?
  • The font changer bar is tiny on my screen! Not a big issue, but it makes it fiddly.
  • Is it possible to install SmartEdit on an offline PC or copy it across? Does it need online access? My writing laptop is offline to stop distractions.

Thanks a lot in advance if you can help!

I’m not seeing any limit to the number of undo actions in Atomic. Each open scene has a long history of actions that can be rolled back.

I’m not quite sure what you mean here. Can you show a screenshot. If you mean the font size of the trees, then this is fixed. A screenshot would help to see how small you’re seeing things.

As above - a screenshot would help.

SmartEdit for Word can be installed on any PC you use - work or home. No online acess is require after the install is complete.

I’m not seeing any limit to the number of undo actions in Atomic. Each open scene has a long history of actions that can be rolled back.

Oh? Maybe I did it wrong? I was editing for hours, and then I found out I could only go back a little way.

I’m not quite sure what you mean here. Can you show a screenshot. If you mean the font size of the trees, then this is fixed. A screenshot would help to see how small you’re seeing things.

Okay. this isn’t off my laptop as I have lost my USB stick, but it’s a rough recreation. Basically it’s very hard to read and scroll through the text on the file I use for clippings because the screen is very small. I’m not sure if this really shows you how small the font bar actually is on my laptop!

SmartEdit for Word can be installed on any PC you use - work or home. No online acess is require after the install is complete.

For Microsoft word? And only after the install? That’s a shame if so, there’s no way to get internet on my laptop!

You can reduce the text size of the notes section from the Settings Dialog | “Notes Default” page. I’m assuming this is what you’re referring to.

If you download the installation file for SmartEdit for Word onto a USB stick, then you can install onto a PC that doesn’t have Internet access. Be aware of the system requirements though: Windows 7 or above. A lot of users with standalone PCs use old machines running XP, and that won’t do for SmartEdit or Atomic Scribbler.

Ah, I already set the text size for notes to the size I want. It doesn’t have an affect on text you paste in.

Oh, BTW, could you tell me how much more intensive SmartEdit is on a computer? Especially when loading AS? Are the requirements higher?

If you don’t want to keep font and formatting when you paste, use the “Paste Plain Text” button on the main toolbar, or the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut.

It’s not at all intensive when loading Atomic. It will pause other activity while it runs its checks, but it has no impact otherwise.