Atomic Scribbler Home · SmartEdit Home · Help

Import Function - Blank Documents

Hello! Just decided to try Atomic Scribbler for myself. I was very excited at the prospect of being able to easily import my stories with the import function. Unfortunately, I was met with disappointment. After importing my first document, it showed up as blank. I double checked and the file is definitely not blank when I open it in word. It is a .docx file and is not corrupted. Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

If a blank document is appearing after import it means something was either wrong or unreadable in the Word document. Usually, this problem occurs when, despite outward appearances, the Word document is not a valid Word document of the type specified.

An example would be a .doc file renamed as a .docx file.

I’d need to see an example of the document that was failing to import, even if it only had a couple of lines of text.

Darren,

Thanks for the prompt response on this. It was extremely helpful! The documents I am using are exports from another program that I saved as Word (.docx) files. After reading your response, I opened one and saved it again, replacing the original file. The newly saved file imported properly into Atomic Scribbler, no problem! Must have been something with the original file I exported. Not sure what. I hope that this post can help others trying to transition into Atomic Scribbler. Again, thanks for the quick response and the helpful information. Have a great day!