SmartEdit Writer · SmartEdit for Word · Help

SmartEdit Forums

Feature Request: Scene Labels or Tags & Visibility of Properties

I think I requested this once before, but it’s back on my radar. I see the new scene properties in v. 9 which I just upgraded to. The properties aren’t anything I’d use very often, but I know the world doesn’t revolve around me. :upside_down_face:

I might use properties more if they could be immediately visible as you clicked on a scene in the document tree - perhaps in the right column?

But mainly I’d still love to see some sort of labeling or tagging system that would be visible for the scene titles in the document tree. I like to mark scenes so that I can tell at a glance whether it’s a first draft, second, been smartedit checked, etc. This could be accomplished with the color of the scene title or icon or with additional icons that display before/after the scene title.

Yes, color & keyword tagging would be very useful.

Allen

The Exclude options on the Properties dialog are the first use case for a new categorisation system I implemented. I do plan to add to this down the road – something that should be easier now that the structure is in place.

2 Likes

I figured it might be easy to tie into that somehow. Thanks! :smiley: