SmartEdit Writer · SmartEdit for Word · Help

SmartEdit Forums

Error Creating Draft

I just installed SmartEdit Writer (latest available as of today) and came across the following after creating a new project and trying to create a draft (with various folders and scenes populated). When creating the draft, it would just give the error “Unable to Create Draft”. The project had been saved before trying to create a draft.

The log file had the following each time I tried the create draft button:

9:08:05 PM Sunday, 12 September 2021 --- Version: 9.0
9:08:05 PM Sunday, 12 September 2021 --- Not a valid Win32 FileTime.
9:08:05 PM Sunday, 12 September 2021 ---    at System.DateTime.InternalToFileTime(Int64 ticks)
   at System.DateTime.ToFileTimeUtc()
   at Core.Common.DateHelper.CurrentThisDateTimeUtc(DateTime date)
   at AtomicDb.Set.AddDraftItem(ItemDataModel item, Int32 parentId, SQLiteConnection db, String metaSql, String treeSql, Int64 timeStamp, List`1 draftModels)
   at AtomicDb.Set.Draft(List`1 items, String name)
   at AtomicService.Implementation.BookService.CreateDraft(List`1 scenesList, String name)

After closing and re-opening the application, the issue went away.

There is also this in the log, not sure if it’s related, but it appears after opening a project:

8:56:39 PM Sunday, 12 September 2021 --- Cannot read project settings file - Could not find file 'C:\Users\[username]\Documents\SmartEdit Writer\[project name]\.atomic\settings.dat'.

(I have replaced the username and project name manually with the contents in the square brackets). The username and project name both have spaces in them. The settings “seem” to remain persistent after each project load.

Thanks for the bug report. This issue only occurs with a new project before it has been closed for the first time, so you shouldn’t se it again for that project.