SmartEdit Writer · SmartEdit for Word · Help

SmartEdit Forums

DPI Scaling Issues

Hello,

I know there’s been similar threads and I’ve looked through the ones I’ve found. Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere and I didn’t see it.

I’ve been fiddling around the the scaling, because the default when I first downloaded the program causes fuzzy text.
(Similar to this post)

When I fix the text, the icons and rows in the document tree shrinks smaller. Which is fine. That’s what I expected and I can certainly work with that. But the text of the document tree hasn’t shrunk, and instead looks like this:

It irritates me a lot, even if I prefer this to having fuzzy text.
But does anyone know if I’m doing something wrong or if there’s anyway to solve it?

I’m using Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Book. I’ve checked the Program DPI and High DPI Scaling override boxes (with scaling performed by application) for SmartEdit Writer.

Windows 10 Scaling for text is 200% with Display Resolution being 3000 x 2000 (both recommended settings) and I’ve also checked the Let Windows try fix apps so they’re not blurry.

This problem has popped up before, but only on the Surface Pro. Other high-res devices seem to respond correctly to the steps you’ve already tried, but not that device. Unfortunately, it’s not something I’ve been able to fix yet as I don’t have a Surface Pro for testing.