SmartEdit Writer · SmartEdit for Word · Help

SmartEdit Forums

[Bug or Error] Exported Scene is Incorrect

I’m not certain why, but after opening a couple of Single Document exports, I noticed that occasionally some of the formatting is incorrect. Aside from headers, I write in Arial at 12-point font for the most part, but for no reason at all, certain sections refuse to adhere to that. It’ll instead switch to Times New Roman at 11-point font, and I can’t imagine why.

I don’t think it’s a problem with Word specifically, though it might. My reasoning behind this is because I’ve opened the same files (exported as “.docx”) in both Word and LibreOffice Writer, and they both showed the same issue. The indentation and even some of the specific line spacing is preserved, but for whatever reason, the font and font size will not.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: it’s worth noting that this also happens when exporting the whole thing
Edit 2: After a bit of experimentation, I have found that the problem may be the Arial font itself. Not sure about LibreOffice, but Word, for whatever reason, changes any Arial 12-point font to Times New Roman (sometimes downsizing to 11). On a whim I changed the font to Calibri, and Word left it alone.

I’ve had the same problem for a long time but it’s a large old document and and I’ve been editing it since the 1st version of smart edit all the way back to atomic scribbler… So I’m not sure which unwanted font changes are leftovers and which ones are due to a persistent issue.